Friday, May 19, 2017

Bowen's Italian & Western fusion - Having spaghetti at neighbourhood Coffee shop

Hong Kah Snack Bar has been here since I was born, with many stall owners came and go. Lately, I walked passed this coffee shop by chance and saw a new stall which sells western / Italian cuisine. The first thought I had in mind was "can this still survive with all HDB surrounding it?" I went google the name of the stall and saw quite a bit of review around so I decided to try this myself.
Singapore Jurong west food
The special thing about this stall is that a coffee shop establishment in the day that serves economic bee hoon can transform into Italian/western cuisine in the evening. Bowen's serves a variety of Western and Italian cuisine, and some of the famous dishes include Duck Leg Confit, Seafood Spaghetti, Mixed Salads and their Signature Barramundi.
Singapore Jurong food
Their menu: Surprisingly, none of the spaghetti cost more than $10.
Singapore Jurong food
After looking at the menu, I decided to try a dish I always ordered for Italian cuisine -  Basil Pesto Cream Spaghetti. As this place has no aircon and the surrounding can be very humid, I decided to take away the order (there were additional charges of 30 cents for take away) instead of eating there.
Singapore Jurong food

Singapore Jurong food
As simple as it seems to be with pasta and sauce, not anywhere you would be able to find a pasta tossed in wild boar cream sauce which provides a savory flavor, with big portion. Their portion is bigger than the stuff you will get at the usual coffee shop western food, just order a portion of spaghetti will get you burst with fullness. Worth a visit if you stay in the West, Bowen's offers quality food at coffee shop prices.


I'm quite confident that they will be here to stay at least for the next 2-4 yrs, and I will definitely back for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment