Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Sunday Pasar Malam @ Permas Jaya JB (Fried Carrot Cake, Fried Chicken & Everything Else)

-=Relocated! Address Updated=-
In Johor Bahru, every day after 4 PM there's somewhere on the street where Pasar Malam is set up, today we focus on Sunday's Pasar Malam in Permas Jaya. If you are taking a cab to this place, just let the driver know you are going to Aeon Permas Jaya. And once you reached Aeon Permas Jaya, look around and you will see a lot of blue tentage across the road.
Permas Jaya food Malaysia
Their Pasar Malam unlike Singapore, sell more of daily necessities as the photo shown below.
Permas Jaya Food Malaysia
Fruits, from as small as Cherry to as big as Durian.
permas jaya food Malaysia
Home use items like nail clippers, wallets, fingernail paint, bags.
permas jaya food Malaysia
Vegetables
Permas Jaya Food Malaysia
and even egg!
Permas Jaya Food Malaysia
So once over that section, we come into cooked dish like this crab with a different sauce.
Permas Jaya Food Malaysia
Fried chicken, I have tried this before, they used chicken breast meat for the chicken which not to my liking.
Permas Jaya Food Malaysia
roast duck and meats, they really look appetizing
Permas Jaya Food Malaysia
Japanese bbq skewers, have not tried this before but will come back for it in future.
Permas Jaya Food Malaysia
fresh sugar cane drink which they sell in 2 sizes, small for 2.50RM which is 350ML, and big for 5RM which is 1L. The sugarcane might not be pure sugar cane juice as they were really too sweet as if its drinking syrup. 
Permas Jaya Food Malaysia
So this Kampung Nasi Lemak is one of my often visited stalls, no not for the rice but just for the fried chicken as you can see they put it just in a basket, you can just order this fried chicken by itself without buying any other thing, it cost 3.20RM per piece. Don't worry about the parts, all are either drumstick or thigh meat, so choose the one you have the most feel with.
Permas Jaya Food Malaysia fried chicken
After I bought a piece of thigh meat, I immediately took a bite, and I regretted it very much. The juice and the oil just keep flowing out, spilled onto my clothing, enough about the dirtiness. Even when you have not bite onto the meat, you know that it is worth buying. The fried flour with skin was totally crispy that you can hear the crunch more than eating cereal. The meat as expected was tender as and flavorful with their seasoning. The taste of it was applied with spices which you can taste in most of the Nasi Lemak stall. So taste wise, don't expect too much from it.
Permas Jaya Food Malaysia carrot cake
Next food I've tried was Tampoi Radish Keuh which is so called fried carrot cake, the stall owner always kept both his hand busy stir fry the radish kueh, with eggs, garlic, black sweet sauce, and chili
permas jaya food carrot cake kueh malaysia
You won't see queue here as everybody ordered and continue on with their shopping before coming back to collect as normally it will take 30mins to have your order. Do let the lady boss know how much you want and with or without chili.
They only have 1 standard size selling at 5RM, the box does keep the warmth of the kueh.
permas jaya food carrot cake kueh malaysia
Although it might not look appetizing to you, once you take 1 mouth, it's full of egg, the sweet black sauce, chili and a special taste which I suspect its cinnamon flour into it, they did not disclose to me what was it but it does taste like it. The egg was exceptionally generous! Every spoon I scoop bound to have a piece of an egg. So be sure to try it whenever you are at this Pasar Malam but be prepared to wait for it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi I know it's late but i'm looking for this all over jb. I first tried it at Jonker Walk Melaka. And love it ever since. After I move to JB I started to crave for it. I am a muslim and hawker at Jonker Walk before this told me that their radish cake is Halal, and I absolutely like it. And I just want to verify it with you whether I could eat the one in permasjaya if you could sincerely help me. Thank you so so so much

    Elina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Elina!
      I believe the radish cake in this Pasar Malam are not halal certifiedm but they have no pork no lard.
      But well some halal stalls might have other foods you might like?

      Delete