Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Hai Nan Xing Zhou Beef Noodle (海南星洲牛肉粉) - Dark Thick Beefy Tasty Gravy all over!

Seems like this stall had lots of media interviewed them before, this name has been around for more than 60 years operated by two elderly Hainanese uncles. He was previously from Cuppage Centre before decided to reside in Toa Payoh about a decade ago.
sgfoodfeed Singapore cheap north food

sgfoodfeed Singapore cheap north food

sgfoodfeed Singapore cheap north food

sgfoodfeed Singapore cheap north food

sgfoodfeed Singapore cheap north food
I always chose the dry version as it will be mixed with dark thick beefy tasty gravy with white thick bee hoon noodles and bits of salted vegetables. 
sgfoodfeed Singapore cheap north food
The generous portion of beef slices was fresh, tender and not tough which they cut and cooked themselves. Most importantly, it was not marinated so you could taste the beef in its original form. The sauce itself was good, but maybe my expectations were too high, it did not give me shockingly delicious factor. The beef soup was a lot better than I expected compared to the noodle, it was sweet and not so beefy as all, just nice for me. 


Overall, I enjoyed my bowl of beef noodles and I am willing to revisit. But queue? No thanks. I dun think it was that good to queue. The craze had died down as I do not see any queue anymore for this, so for those who are longing for it, here is your chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment